The Radiation Oncology Department at The Steeplechase Cancer Center is a nationally recognized leader in innovation and the treatment of cancer with radiation. The department was one of the first in New Jersey to use RapidArc treatment for prostate cancer, increasing treatment speed and accuracy.
Knife-Less Surgery, performed on our state-of-the-art Novalis Tx system, offers the most accurate stereotactic radiosurgery available. The department is equipped with the latest simulation and planning equipment, enabling our board-certified physicians and staff to generate highly individualized and specialized treatment plans. These treatments are delivered in an attractive, nurturing environment designed to reduce patients' stress.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery - Uses high-dose radiation instead of traditional surgery for brain, spine and other types of tumors. It also is used to treat neuralgia and acoustic neuromas.
- RapidArc Radiotherapy - Offers all of the benefits of tomotherapy (helical IMRT) in significantly shorter time with less radiation to the rest of the body.
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) - An image-based technology that allows clinicians to locate and retarget to a tumor just before the delivery of radiation to compensate for any target movement.
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) - An advanced method of radiotherapy.
- 3-D External Beam Radiation - Uses computers to create a three-dimensional picture of the target. Multiple radiation beams are then shaped to match the contour of the treatment area.
- Brachytherapy-Prostate Seed Implant Therapy - Uses rice-sized radioactive "seeds," which are placed into the prostate and emit low-energy X-rays to destroy tumors.